1.
I see.我了解。
A: Honey, please forgive me. There is lots of work to do. So, I forget your birthday.
A: 親愛的,原諒我,我有很多工作要做,所以,忘記了你的生日。
B: I see. That's all right. Don't put the blame on yourself.
B: 我了解,沒關系,不用責怪自己了。
2.
Twenty-four seven.一天到晚,全天候。
A: Are you free this sunday? A pretty laptop attracts me. I want to buy it. Could you go with me?
A: 你星期天有空嗎?我看中了一臺筆記本電腦,并且想把它抱回家。你有空陪我去嗎?
B: Twenty-four seven.
B: 24小時都有空。
3.
You can't always be in the driver's seat.不能凡事你都自己做主。
A: I was totally shattered after the long work.
A: 經過長時間的工作,我已經累壞了。
B: You can't always be in the driver's seat. Everyone should participate in this program.
B: 你不能凡事都自己做主。每個人都應該參與到這份工作中來。
4.
You have missed the boat.你錯失了良機。
A: Although you spare no effort to complete the project, I think you have missed the boat.
A: 雖然你很努力地完成這項工作,但是你還是錯失了良機。
B: I will not miss the boat when there is another opportunity again next time.
B: 我想下次再有機會我不會再錯過了。
5.
To err is human, to forgive is divine.人非圣賢,孰能無過。
A: I must apologize for breaking your music box.
A: 對于弄壞音樂盒的事情,我必須道歉。
B: Forget it. To err is human, to forgive is divine.
B: 別放在心上。人非圣賢,孰能無過。
6.
It's just double Dutch to you.這個對你來說猶如天書。
A: I don't understand this passage. Could you do me a favor?
A: 這篇文章我看不懂,你能幫幫我嗎?
B: It's just double Dutch to you. There are lots of generic terms about communication technology. Don't lost heart.
B: 這個對你來說猶如天書,這里面有很多通信技術方面的專業詞匯,別灰心。
7.
She'd better cop a plea.她最好坦白從寬。
A: Do you know how Susan got the full mark in this maths exam?
A: 你知道蘇珊在這次的數學考試中是怎么得到滿分的嗎?
B: Don't you know? She often cheats in the exam.
B: 你不知道嗎?她經常在考試中作弊。
A: She'd better cop a plea. We will consider it wrong to cheat in exams.
A: 她最好坦白。我們都認為在考試中作弊是不對的。
8.
I know you got out on the wrong side of the bed.我知道你早上起來心情不好。
A: I am so sorry. I didn't mean to break your cup.
A: 真對不起,我不是故意打碎你的杯子的。
B: Nothing, I know you got out on the wrong side of the bed.
B: 沒什么,我知道你早上起來心情不好。
9.
Everyone feels under the weather.每個人都會有不舒服的時候。
A: I am sorry. I didn't accomplish this job on time.
A: 我很抱歉,我沒有按時完成工作。
B: That's all right. Everyone feels under the weather sometimes. Just finish the rest when you feel well.
B: 沒關系。每個人都會有不舒服的時候。當你感覺舒服些了,完成剩下的工作就可以了。
10.
They are rednecks.他們是老粗。
A: Why aren't they are aware of the gravity of the situation?
A: 他們為什么就沒有意識到事態的嚴重性呢?
B: Because they are rednecks.
B: 因為他們都是老粗。