1.
I stand behind you.我支持你。
A: I will take part in the finals soon.
A: 我馬上要參加決賽了。
B: Come on. I stand behind you.
B: 加油,我支持你。
2.
That's like stealing candy from a baby.這是件比較容易的事。
A: Thank you very much. I just didn't know what to do without you.
A: 謝謝你,沒有你,我真不知道該怎么辦。
B: That's like stealing candy from a baby. It's nothing.
B: 這是件比較容易的事,不足掛齒。
3.
That was a cake walk.小事一樁。
A: Thank you. You do me a big favor.
A: 謝謝你幫了我一個大忙。
B: That was a cake walk. It's nothing to speak of.
B: 小事一樁,不值一提。
4.
We'll give you a coffee.我們將為你舉辦一場小聯誼會。
A: I congratulate you on this marvelous opportunity.
A: 恭喜你獲得這樣一個極好的機會。
B: Thank you.
B: 謝謝。
A: We'll give you a coffee.
A: 我們將為你舉辦一場小聯誼會。
5.
It may prove to be a castle in Spain after all.這可能只是一座空中樓閣。
A: In three years, I will put up the largest residential area in Beijing.
A: 三年后我將建設北京最大的住宅區。
B: I am sorry to tell you that your idea may prove to be a castle in Spain after all.
B: 非常抱歉地告訴你,你的想法可能只是一座空中樓閣。
6.
My ass!才怪!
A: Honey, this is going to be my last cigarette. I will never smoke, I promise.
A: 親愛的,這將是我最后一支煙。我保證,我絕不會再抽煙了。
B: This is going to be my last cigarette? My ass!
B: 這會是你的最后一支煙?才怪!
7.
I laid my egg.我一敗涂地。
A: You are really a smart boy! I laid an egg.
A: 你果然是一個十分聰明的孩子,我一敗涂地。
B: Thank you and I like the prize very much.
B: 謝謝你,我非常喜歡這份獎品。
8.
It has your name on it.非你莫屬了。
A: Look! It fits you perfectly. It looks great on you and has your name on it.
A: 看,穿起來多合身??!而且穿起來十分漂亮,非你莫屬了。
B: Really? What about your opinion, Daniel?
B: 真的嗎?你認為怎么樣,丹尼爾?
9.
All wet.大錯特錯。
A: I firmly believe that if we invested in fund we could earn a lot of money.
A: 我堅信投資基金可以賺大錢。
B: All wet. You are such a fool.
B: 那你就大錯特錯。你真是個笨蛋。
10.
He loves to boss people around.他很愛指使人。
A: Oh! No. I have been assigned to work with Jerry for our group project.
A: 噢!不!我被分配跟杰瑞一起做團體作業。
B: Oh! I heard that he loves to boss people around.
B: 不會吧,我聽說他很愛指使人。